Interests & Philosophy
My teaching interests span a range of strategic and technical subjects, including Business Impacts of Emerging Technologies, IT Strategy, Enterprise Systems, Business Process Analysis & Design, Social Media & Virtual Communities, Mobile Apps, Project Management, and System Analysis & Design. My teaching philosophy is influenced by my belief that as a business school faculty, I am part of an important group of individuals who craft future CEOs and business leaders, not just managers. I make conscious efforts in this direction through my teaching and mentorship. I not only bring insights from my research into my classroom, but in sync with my belief in continuous learning, provide my students access to my latest knowledge artifacts by means of my blog and twitter feed, after they have passed beyond the boundaries of the classroom. I aim to instill the quest for knowledge and a zest for innovation in my students, and inspire them to challenge all assumptions and envision a better tomorrow of endless possibilities enabled by technology.
The University of Hong Kong
• MBA 6042, “Information and Operations Management”, for Full-Time MBAs: Fall 2015, Fall 2014, Fall 2013, Spring 2013
• IMBA 6103, “Information and Operations Management”, for Part-Time International – Executive Stream MBAs (at Fudan University): Spring 2015 (two sections ), Spring 2014 (two sections )
• PMBA 6042, “Information and Operations Management”, for Part-Time Evening MBAs: Fall 2015, Fall 2014, Fall 2013, Spring 2013
• PMBA 6042, “Information and Operations Management”, for Part-Time Weekend MBAs: Fall 2015, Fall 2014, Fall 2013, Spring 2013
• BUSI0059, “Information Systems Analysis and Design”, for BBAs: Fall 2015, Spring 2015, Spring 2014, Spring 2013
(as Teaching Associate to Dr. Benn Konsynski)
• BUS 355 / 555 / 555E, “An App for That: Designing the Small and the Many”, cross-listed for BBAs, MBAs & Executive MBAs: Fall 2011, Fall 2010
• BUS 552M, “Technology and Complex Adaptive Systems”, for Modular Executive MBAs: Spring 2012, Spring 2011, Fall 2010, Summer 2009, Summer 2008
• BUS 552E, “Technology and Adaptive Systems”, for Weekend Executive MBAs: Fall 2011, Fall 2010 (two sections), Fall 2009 (two sections), Fall 2008 (two sections)
Representative Student Comments
Insightful, visionary, thinking outside the box, ability to verbalize, communicate concepts and visions. Solid mix of video/case analysis and class interaction at perfect pace and energy.
Professor and teachings were great! Very stimulating discussions & materials!
Great professor: inspiring, helpful, friendly.
Inspiring! Very up-to-date technologies were introduced in class.
Teaching contents and methods were inspiring and interesting.
He is inspiring. Really makes you think about future possibilities.
Lots of real examples, lot of updated industry info was shared => Great!!
Great Teaching! The course helped me to dream for the future world.
Inspiring, enthusiastic, knowledgeable!